Prepress/Technical Services Operator
|Benefits package||Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Accident Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, Long-term Disability, 9 Paid Holidays, PTO (Paid Time Off), 401(k) Plan|
|Start Date||As soon as possible|
Adobe InDesign: 2 years (Preferred)
Adobe Photoshop: 2 years (Preferred)
Color Management: 2 years (Preferred)
Adobe Illustrator: 2 years (Preferred)
Olympus Group is seeking an action oriented, problem solver to lead our Prepress/Technical Services department at our Orlando Plant location. We are looking for a candidate who can join a diverse group of employees to design and produce grand format digital printed fabric.
Key accountabilities include:
- Determine appropriate software in which to open a customer file (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign) and quickly visualize if customer file will work to optimize lead time
- Maximize relationship with sales force to promptly address discrepancies or issues with customer art or job information
- Work with production team to produce first run and follow prints which maximize efficiency (numbers up, orientation, etc.)
- Prepare vision and description of how product will look in field prior to completion (set-up file)
- Producing accurate job instructions and details; correct material choices/amounts
- Reverse engineer products from original design or sample and oversee completion of finished product
- Work overtime as needed to meet customer needs; lead by example in acceptance of overtime as part of the role
Candidates should have a thorough knowledge of the digital printing and color management process. The position requires the composure to cope with change and the ability to make decisions without having the total picture. We are looking for a leader who wants to work for a growing organization that is on the cutting edge of our industry and wants to contribute to a team that thrives on finding solutions when others fail.
About Olympus Group
Imagine It. Done. That’s our company motto and we stand by it. Since 1893, Olympus Group has been a leader in the custom printing and sewing industry. We specialize in grand-format digital and dye-sublimation printing as well as custom designed and manufactured mascot character costumes. Headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, we have manufacturing facilities in Milwaukee and Orlando, Florida, with additional sales offices in Illinois, Michigan and Minnesota.
Custom Printing Division
The Olympus Group Custom Printing Division creates custom visual solutions for some of the largest brands in the world. Our clients include theme parks, professional sports teams, universities, retailers, exhibit houses, entertainment venues, cruise lines, restaurant chains, consumer brands, mattress manufacturers and much more. From banners to billboards, interior décor to theatrical curtains, tradeshow backdrops to point-of-purchase materials, Olympus Group turns their ideas into reality. Our in-house printing capabilities include grand format dye sublimation, UV direct, latex, and solvent digital printing. We also have a complete finishing department (sewing, cutting, and heat-bending) with 250 hours of daily capacity.
Olympus Group is an equal opportunity employer.