Sketch, Sculpt and Tooling Technician
Olympus Group is seeking a creative, action-oriented, Costume Craft Technician at our Milwaukee Plant location. We are looking for a candidate with an eye for detail and the characteristics to work in an innovative environment.
- Effectively cope with changing customer demand by applying creative techniques to produce the best mascots in the marketplace
- Independently manage time but operate in a collaborative environment to meet customer needs
- Efficiently develop 3D characters from 2D drawings to meet customer deadlines
- Listen to and implement peer and customer feedback to optimize process
Candidates should excel in a team environment sharing and accepting feedback equally well. The position requires the composure to cope with change and the ability to make decisions without having the total picture. We are looking for an individual who wants to work for a growing organization that is on the cutting edge of our industry and wants to contribute to a team that thrives on finding solutions when others fail.About Olympus Group. Imagine It. Done. That’s our company motto and we stand by it. Since 1893, Olympus Group has been a leader in the custom printing and sewing industry. We specialize in grand-format digital and dye-sublimation printing as well as custom designed and manufactured mascot character costumes. Headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, we have manufacturing facilities in Milwaukee and Orlando, Florida, with additional sales offices in Illinois, Michigan and Minnesota.Olympus Group is an equal opportunity employer.
|Benefits package||401K Plan, Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Accident Policy, Critical Illness Policy, Life Insurance, PTO plan, 9 paid holidays|
|Work Hours||Full Time|
|Start Date||As soon as possible|
|Required Experience||2 Years of Mechanical and Artistic Experience|
Olympus Group is a leading mascot manufacturer that is looking for an individual to help us bring customer ideas to reality. This position drives a critical portion of the mascot construction process in sketching and building of the understructure which is the foundation of a completed Mascot. It requires the creativity and problem solving ability to bring 2D ideas to a 3D finished product. The role includes the mechanical aspect of drawing and mold forming with technology of 3D sculpting software. Candidates will be required to have the composure and ability to learn on the fly with unique requests on challenging timelines. If you are that individual, then we are the perfect place for you to come make a difference! Essential duties span a wide range of expertise in sketching, sculpting, and running a vacuum forming machine while having the mechanical aptitude to bring it all together to create a usable mascot.
- Meet timing standards and sales/engineering/ sketching expectations of the product
- Remaining flexible to meet the changing demands and deadlines encompassing the entire schedule
- Keeping an orderly, clean, and safe work space to contribute to overall success of the department
- Ability to share knowledge throughout department regardless of experience level
- Understanding the relationship between sketch, sculpting, and tooling to maximize product quality and efficiency
- Create a sketch which meets customer vision in a way that can be successfully made into a mascot
- Create sculpts that meet characteristics of approved sketch and can be successfully tooled
- Operate and maintain vacuum former to efficiently produce ABS heads according to schedule
Candidates should have a strong understanding of graphic software like Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator. Would be a plus if candidate also had an understanding of 3D sculpting but not a necessity. We are looking for someone who wants to work for a growing organization that is on the cutting edge of our industry and wants to contribute to a team that thrives on finding solutions when others fail.