Digital/Content Marketing Intern
|Employment type||Full Time|
|Start Date||May 2021 (or earlier)|
|Education||Pursuing a 4 year business or marketing degree or equivalent|
|Experience:||Basic knowledge of marketing functions preferred|
Since 1893, Olympus Group has been a leader in the custom printing and sewing industry, specializing in large format digital and dye-sublimation printing. Our Mascot Division combines our unique in-house printing and sewing capabilities to create some of the world’s most iconic mascot costumes. Headquartered in Wisconsin, Olympus Group has manufacturing facilities in Milwaukee and Orlando, with additional sales offices throughout the U.S.
Our Custom Printing Division produces a wide variety of promotional and branding projects for some of the most demanding companies in the U.S.: banners and billboards for McDonald’s; signage and décor for Disney World; beaded theatrical curtains and décor for Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines; trade show backdrops and beverage promotional campaigns for Dr Pepper; point-of-purchase materials for Simmons Bedding Company and Kohl’s Department Stores; and championship banners for MLB, NCAA, NFL, and the NBA . We can take a client’s project and fabricate it to the highest standards, or we can create it from scratch. Hence, our Olympus Group motto: Imagine It. Done.
Olympus Group’s Mascot Division is the largest producer of custom mascot costumes in the United States. Every step—from concept sketches to sculpting, molding and sewing, is all done in-house. Olympus Group mascots are favorites everywhere: Yogi Bear®, Chester Cheetah®, Bucky Badger and the Famous Klements Racing Sausages, as well as numerous university, professional sports team and corporate mascots across the country.
Olympus Group is a quick turn, highly customized large format printer and mascot manufacturer that is looking for an individual to help us increase our online digital marketing through creation of digital content. We are looking for an energetic, resourceful candidate who looks at a challenge as an opportunity to produce outstanding results. If you are that individual, then we are the perfect place for you to come make a difference!
This is a high-autonomy internship that allows you to use your marketing and sales skills to help Olympus grow within the mascot market. Outgoing candidates with strong creative writing skills and an eye for good web design are encouraged to apply to this position. Job Responsibilities include the following:
- Work with Marketing Manager to research, create, and implement marketing content for website including monthly blog & customer feature stories, and landing pages.
- Create and post social media content for multiple channels across multiple markets
- Work with Marketing Manager to interview customers for monthly ‘customer story’ feature on the website. Example: here
- Interest and ability to learn digital marketing best practices for Email Marketing, PPC, and SEO management
- Collaborate with Marketing Manager using digital marketing software in analyzing current web pages and making improvements to increase web traffic
- Assist in weekly and monthly marketing reporting across multiple channels
- Work with Marketing Manager to create and send a monthly company newsletter
- Work independently to help build customer database using the internet and other resources
- Reach out to targets using email and phone calls to create warm leads
- Carry out special projects for the Marketing Manager as needed
The internship comes with autonomy and full content marketing ownership providing an opportunity to demonstrate effort and results. Following a successful first 6 months, opportunities to continue the internship or full-time employment may be available.
Candidates must be intelligent, action-oriented, and able to learn quickly and work autonomously. Ability to understand what it takes to satisfy the customer is required. A bias to action will be critical to delivering results in an environment with limited set processes and tools.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please provide a resume and sample of writing to Courtney.firstname.lastname@example.org.