Mascot Sewing & Patterning
|Benefits package||401K Plan, Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Accident Policy, Critical Illness Policy, Life Insurance, PTO plan, 9 paid holidays|
|Employment type||Full time|
|Start Date||As soon as possible|
|Required Experience||Technical: 3 years|
Olympus Group is a quick turn, highly customized manufacturer that is looking for an individual to help lead our mascot department. With any fast paced environment, we deal with daily challenges that span multiple departments. We are looking for someone to help take on those challenges and utilize their artistic construction knowledge to ensure we exceed our customer’s needs. The position requires the ability to work in a studio based work method to efficiently create unique mascots from concept to finished product in a short time frame. If you are that individual, then we are the perfect place for you to come make a difference!
Duties include understanding and being able to contribute to individual responsibilities within the department yet comprehend the bigger picture of maintaining overall department efficiency. They should be a leader who is not only a great individual contributor, but can lift those around them through training and guidance so that problems become prevented and people have more opportunity.
- Prompt accurate responses to Sales technical and timing requests to profitably completed jobs and meet customer needs
- Understanding and ability to teach industrial sewing.
- Ensure supplies are maintained at optimum level to complete schedule and control costs
- Communicate to engineer employee feedback to optimize future jobs
- Meet or exceed department housekeeping and lean manufacturing standards
- Meet or exceed operational timings and due dates
- Meet or exceed utilization, efficiency, and productivity standards for self and provide feedback and understanding to area of responsibilities
- Perform reviews for direct reports
Candidates should have a good understanding of costume design and/or garment making with a thorough knowledge of flat patterning and draping. The position requires the composure to cope with change and the ability to problem solve without having set parameters. We are looking for a leader who wants to work for a growing organization that is on the cutting edge of our industry and wants to develop a team that thrives on finding solutions when others fail.
About Olympus Group
Imagine It. Done. That’s our company motto and we stand by it. Since 1893, Olympus Group has been a leader in the custom printing and sewing industry. We specialize in grand-format digital and dye-sublimation printing as well as custom designed and manufactured mascot character costumes. Headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, we have manufacturing facilities in Milwaukee and Orlando, Florida, with additional sales offices in Illinois, Michigan and Minnesota.
Olympus Group is an equal opportunity employer.