Plant Expeditor/Quality Manager
|Salary||$60,000 – $70,000|
|Benefits package||Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Accident Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, Long-term Disability, 9 Paid Holidays, PTO (Paid Time Off), 401(k) Plan|
|Employment type||Full time|
|Start Date||June 1, 2017|
|Required Experience||2 to 5 years|
Olympus Group is a quick turn, highly customized job shop that is looking for an individual to help us make sure our customer’s get their product on time. With any fast paced environment, we deal with daily challenges that span multiple departments and we are looking for someone to help take on those challenges to ensure we exceed our customer’s needs. The position requires the ability to work with several departments, often developing and communicating plans on the fly, to address issues that have come up. The main objective is to make sure that everything ships on time daily, but ideally the right candidate would be instrumental in not just fighting the fires, but long term helping us prevent them. We are looking for a very intelligent problem-solver, with the patience of a saint and the heart of a teacher who doesn’t have time to complain or make excuses because they are so busy getting things done and making a positive impact! If you are that individual, then we are the perfect place for you to come make a difference!
Duties include whatever it takes to get the job done on time. Past expeditors have taken out the trash, drove through the night to deliver product, developed complex schedules and processes, mentored peers, developed and led training session and analyzed detailed reports to find trends for improvements. Essentially the role changes based on the needs that come up, often by the hour. We are an organization that does whatever it takes to be successful and need another superstar with a like mind to join us. They should be a leader who is not only a great individual contributor, but can lift those around them through training and guidance so that problems become prevented and people have more opportunity.
- Proactively identifying and leading process improvement initiatives using Lean tools to delight customers
- Must understand vague and implicit instructions, and react favorably in all work situations.
- Must be mentally adaptable and flexible in dealing with a variety of people.
- Able to communicate in a professional manner. Must be able to work favorably in a high stress environment.
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment, and when given a deadline you know how to motivate yourself, your managers, and peers and meet it.
- Assure suppliers are on schedule – expediting as required, ensuring that parts move between workstations without delay. Must be able to anticipate potential bottlenecks.
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment, and when given a deadline you know how to motivate yourself, your managers, and associates and meet it.
- Demonstrated ability to use continuous improvement and lean manufacturing tools to optimize productivity and product quality
Candidates should have a good understanding of manufacturing processes. Knowledge of the digital printing and color management process is a plus. The position requires the composure to cope with change and the ability to make decisions without having the total picture. We are looking for a leader who wants to work for a growing organization that is on the cutting edge of our industry and wants to contribute to a team that thrives on finding solutions when others fail.